Sunday, June 30, 2013

Downtown Athens, my old pal.

I liked being in downtown Athens at 2:30 in the morning while walking back to my car after a friend's bachelor party last Friday. There's a pleasant feeling of watching everyone wrap the night up and drunks pouring out onto the sidewalks in good spirits. Some chatting with their dates, one guy desperately trying to find his missing flip-flop, another negotiating with a cab driver, a group of friends listening to a guy busking with a tuba, a girl singing to a hot dog vendor. I sort of miss being part of those events and sleeping on someone's couch a few hours before sunrise. Then again, I did like going to my own house and sleeping like a rock next to my wife in my own bed too. But I do miss late night downtown Athens as a whole like a singular friend I only see a couple of times a year.


1 comment:

  1. Downtown Athens is it's own Animal.. Wish I could have experienced it more when I lived there.

    ReplyDelete